Simple and no-equipment exercises are can encourage people not to miss an exercise and get motivated to workout.
Not everyone likes to go to the gym very often, especially if they have commitments, kids to take care of or simply the gym is not close by…
Some of the exercises involved utilizes multiple muscle groups, gets your heart rate pumping, and burns tons of calories.
The key is make a routine for yourself, set a corner at your home that is considered the exercise zone. Make this part of your day that you look forward to.
I will give you an idea about the top 5 exercises that you can do at home:
1. Dancing: Most of our fun memories evolve around dancing. Basic dance techniques does not require training, dance like no one is watching. Zumba is a highly recommended form of dancing that burns calories and engage you and put a smile on your face. You can access many of those 1-hour videos on YouTube and enjoy burning those calories off.
2. Plank: Want to focus on your abdominals? Want to have more toned mid-section? This exercise is for you. Get in the pushup position, only put your forearms on the ground instead of your hands. Your elbows should line up directly underneath your shoulders. Toes on the ground. Create a straight, strong line from head to toes. You can start by 1 minute plank for different sets and then gradually increase the time.
3. Jumping Jacks: This is a great cardiovascular exercise. It builds endurance, burn calories and raise the heart beats. To perform the Jumping Jack first stand straight up with your arms at your side. Next, jump up while simultaneously spreading your legs out and your arms overhead. Conclude the movement by assuming the starting position. Repeat the cycle after 15 – 20 reps.
4. Body-weight squats: To focus on building leg muscles, this exercise is for you. This is also a powerful way to boost your overall fitness and get some serious results.Spread your feet slightly and then hold your arms straight while lowering your back.Take note of your posture. Do this for 3 sets each 20-25 repetitions.
5. Jogging in place: This exercise is Easy, Fun, convenient and requires no preparation. Run but don’t go anywhere! 5 to 10 minutes is great for starters.Increase the time as you advance.
By Luceen Nsheiwat/ Personal Trainer
Pictures by Ghaith Al-Bahri