One-Pot Tomato Basil Pasta
- 1 13.25-ounce box whole wheat linguine
- 1 onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 4-6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups chopped fresh tomatoes
- Handful of basil, chopped
- Handful of parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- 5 cups water
- parmesan cheese for serving
- Combine all the ingredients in a large pot and bring to a boil over high heat, stirring occasionally to submerge the pasta as it softens.
- Once the mixture comes to a boil, reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring and tossing continually (tongs are great for this) for about 8 minutes or until the sauce has thickened and the pasta is cooked.
- Serve immediately, topped with parmesan cheese.
Recipe from www.yankeekitchenninja.com
Chicken and Avocado Wraps
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded, sliced or diced
- ½ cup cheddar or mozzarella cheese
- 1 ripe avocado diced
- ¼ cup sour-cream
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- 4 large tortillas
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Mix the shredded chicken, avocado, sour-cream and cilantro.
- Lay a tortilla flat on a plate and sprinkle with cheese. Top with ¼ of the mixture, form a roll. repeat the process for all four tortillas.
- Pour 1 tablespoon oil into a heated pan or griddle. Place all four tortillas on the pan and cook for 2 minutes on medium- high heat. Flip on the other side and cook for another minutes or until the burritos are golden in color. Serve warm.
- Burritos can be frozen cooked or uncooked for up to 3 weeks.
Recipe from www.gimmedelicious.com
Dump and Bake Chicken Alfredo Pasta Casserole
- 1 (16 ounce) package uncooked pasta of your choice
- 1 (22 ounce) jar Alfredo sauce (I used Prego Roasted Garlic Parmesan Alfredo)
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups diced rotisserie chicken (or other diced cooked chicken)
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella (or Italian blend) cheese
- Optional: Parmesan cheese and fresh chopped herbs (such as basil, oregano, and parsley) for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a large baking dish, stir together uncooked pasta, alfredo sauce, chicken stock, chicken, and garlic. Cover tightly with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Uncover; stir. At this point you should check the pasta to make sure that it is al dente (firm but just about finished cooking). If it’s still too hard, cover the dish and return to the oven until pasta is al dente. Then move on to the next step.
- Sprinkle mozzarella over the top. Bake uncovered for 10 more minutes (or until cheese is melted and pasta is tender).
- Garnish with freshly grated Parmesan or fresh chopped herbs, if desired.
Recipe from www.theseasonedmom.com
- 6 portobello mushroom caps, stems removed, washed and dried with a paper towel
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 6 teaspoons Italian seasoning (or a dried oregano and basil leaf blend), divided
- ¾ cup pizza sauce (garlic and herb)
- 1½ cups reduced-fat shredded mozzarella cheese (or a pizza cheese blend)*
- 30 miniature-sized pepperonis**
- 6 cherry or grape tomatoes, sliced thinly
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to broil / grill settings on high heat. Arrange oven shelf to the middle of your oven.
- Combine the oil, garlic and 4 teaspoons of the seasoning together in a small bowl. Brush the bottoms of each mushroom with the garlic oil mixture and place each mushroom, oil side down, on a lightly greased baking sheet / tray.
- Fill each mushroom with 2 tablespoons of the pizza sauce per cap, ¼ cup of mozzarella cheese, 6 pepperoni miniatures and tomato slices. Broil / grill until cheese has melted and is golden in colour (about 8 minutes).
- To serve, sprinkle with the remaining Italian seasoning (or mixed herbs), and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Recipe from www.cafedelites.com
Garlic & Herb Mushroom Quinoa
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups mushrooms, sliced thin (any variety)
- 1 small shallot, diced
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- Salt + pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms, shallot and garlic and sauté until mushrooms have softened and are starting to brown, about 3 – 5 minutes.
- Add quinoa and cook until heated through, another 1 – 2 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper and remove from heat.
- Stir in parsley and serve immediately.
Recipe from www.simplyquinoa.com